Date: February 2018
Position Type: Full-time
Railcraft has been a leader in the designing and manufacturing of quality railing products for residential and commercial markets since 1985. Our superior product knowledge and our understanding of our Client’s needs enables us to provide our Clients with the highest level of quality and versatility possible. Railcraft prides itself on being THE SOURCE for custom fabrication and creative designs.
This role provides detailed submittal drawings for customers based on a thorough review of their specifications and engineer calculations. These drawings are then further developed into fabrication drawings from which Railcraft’s products are produced.
- Perform design work for Dealer & Contract projects (residential and commercial).
- Prepare submittal and fabrication drawings
- Verify scope of work against sales proposal.
- Liaise in-house with design group and shop fabrication personnel.
- Assist with field measurements, as needed.
- Design and prepare cut sheets for sales.
- Liaise with customers on design work (e.g. building connections, railing profiles, etc.)
- Participate in team meetings.
- Assist with project coordination as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years drafting and design experience.
- Knowledge/experience in architecture/engineering and building construction.
- Knowledge/experience in detailing.
- Diploma/certificate in drafting and design.
- Experience with and/or courses on building codes.
- Ability to interpret field information into digital drawings and vice versa.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, in addition to other software related to graphics and drawings
- Proficiency with MS Office products.
- Strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to speak and write English efficiently and effectively.
- Strong analytical and attention to detail skills.
Ideal Knowledge, Skills, Education & Experience
- General understanding of the construction process and framing of buildings
- Engineering background.
- Estimating and Schedule of Values (SOV).
- Construction site orientation.
How to Apply
If you are looking for a great opportunity to be challenged and rewarded and you believe you meet the requirements to be successful in this role then please Email your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.